From Neuromeka Wiki
STEP is the name of series of product for hard realtime embedded Linux master controller. It is an acronym of Science and Technology Embedded Platform.
|Product||base platform||EtherCAT master||CAN||RS485||GPIO||Ethernet||IO|
|STEP/PC||Intel ATOM (dual core)||EtherLab||1||8||2 ports|
|STEP/BBB||TI BeagleBone Black||EtherLab*||2||1||30||1 port||ADC(8ch)/DAC(2ch)/Encoder(2ch)/USART/SPI/I2C|
|STEP/iMX||Freescale i.MX6 quad||EtherLab||2||1||32||1 port||RS232(2~5 ports)/RS232(1 port for console)|
|STEP/HPC||Intel Haswell i5 Industrial motherboard||EtherLab||optional||2||8||1 port||RS232( 4 ports)/LPT(1)/PCI(2)/Mini-PCIe(1)/mSATA(1)/PCIe X16(1)/PCIe X4(1)|
- Note that STP/BBB uses genuine Linux Ethernet driver for EtherCAT master, which means slower EtherCAT communication.
- Upon special request Neuromeka can provide STEP platforms based on different base platforms, e.g. Intel I7 quad-core, Intel NUC, et al.
|OS||Linux (Ubuntu 12.0.4 or above)|
|EtherCAT||IgH EtherCAT master (a.k.a. Etherlab)|
- Note that all STEP platforms are supported by NRMKPlatform as well as NRMKFoundation. Users can develop an application once and deploy it to all platforms.
- All STEP platforms are actually embedded with a runtime license and a license for NRMKPlatform.
- NRMKFoundation is not included in the STEP platform packages. It should be purchased separately if you need.